

Time continues to fly by. Here's a picture of Anastasia at Keeneland. She had a great time and got to spend the night with Rachel and 50 of her closest girlfriends. She had a great time. She loved running around the house - especially since they had fruit snacks in the kitchen!! Carter spent the night with Wes in a boy's dorm and survived. We spent the day on Saturday at Keeneland - beautiful day. Anastasia thought the horses were fun to look at. It was a great weekend.
Trick or treating was exciting. We started with quite a few little girls, but Anastasia and her buddy Sophie didn't want to be rushed. They took their time admiring Halloween decorations - even commenting occasionally to the homeowners. They complimented people are their candy selection. I was cracking up the whole time. The kicker was while walking home we passed several political signs and Sophie said, "I don't think I'm going to vote this year." Anastasia, "Oh really - why?" Sophie and Anastasia then got into a 10 minute conversation about how you feel bad if you vote for one person, cause then you can't vote for the other. Finally Anastasia says, "I have an idea, we'll just vote for all of them." Sophie replies "It won't let you do that." Anastasia, "Oh well then I'm not going to vote either." Hysterical!
She is an amazingly sweet kid. Don't want to bore you with it all . . . As you can see by the picture with Mark, she is a happy girl. Tonight she was singing as she did her homework - and she loves her big brothers and sister. Went to dentist today and she went right back with Carter - and never looked back.
Some Americans have come home recently from Ukraine with their children - which is exciting. Many families are traveling over this month. It's exciting to think of kids sleeping in their beds tonight having no clue that what they have prayed and hoped for - in some cases for years and years - is about to happen!! We're praying for all those precious little kids. We're trying to figure out what to send to Anastasia's orphanage for Christmas. They have next to no toys - any ideas - shoot them out way. We're thinking legos - lots and lots of legos. And some toothbrushes and toothpaste - Anastasia said that's something they like to get since they don't have that in the orphanages. Thanks for checking on us!
2 comments:
Kim - I am so happy to see your update - and happy to see a photo of Mark! I miss you guys. I have to plan a summer visit. I can't go that long without seeing you guys! And you have to meet Zoey!
Love the Halloween costume.
Love to you all!
What an absolutley adorable child.
I think she is the cutest thing! She looks so happy and I know you are:):):)
Tonya
Post a Comment