We received a sweet email from Anastasia this morning. It was the longest one yet, and her English was great. They have over 1 1/2 feet of snow, so she made a snow "woman" this weekend. She said when she found out that we weren't coming last week she "very much was upset" but Yuri and Babushka explained why the court was taking so long (think they could explain that to us?!?!) She said,"I wished to be for Christmas with you, but now I hope and I wait for January." On a sadder note, she said, " In a shelter (FYI - "shelter" means orphanage!) I was offended by the senior children. They stole my things. But I have forgiven to them." We knew that her things would get stolen, that's life in the orphanage. But how sweet is that - she forgives them?? About her sister and brothers she said, "I very much wish to see the brothers and the sister. I wish to play with them. In fact I know, that they love me."
So we have accomplished something during this wait - she knows they love her!! Okay - how sappy are we this morning. We forwarded this email to Yuri - the attitude over there is the kids in the orphanage don't really know any different, so this delay really won't bother her. I beg to differ. Thanks for your continued support and funny emails!! The adoption community has been great - helping us with translations, giving advise on different proceedings in Ukraine . . .
Home
17 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment