Saturday, January 28, 2006

With her family (or at least 1/2 of her family!!)











Here's an assortment of pictures. WE had a big party at the orphanage for her class. Yuri had visited her in the morning to let director know what was going on and he told Anastasia that we'd be taking her out of orphanage. When we got there - she had all of her stuff in two small plastic bags under her desk - she told me " I'm ready!!" SHe didn't stop grinning the whole day. ALso some pics back at the apartment - lounging in her new PJ's!! We've played Jenga, Guess Who (great for the English vocabulary), connect four, Hide and Seek (that's something in a one room apartment!!). Also a picture here of her having breakfast in bed! The one on the phone - she's chatting with her big brothers. Rachel called first and she was being shy and wouldn't talk - but by the time the boys called she was warmed up - We're having a blast. She slept on Kim for over an hour in the car today as we drove around trying to get the birth certificate!! The one picture where she looks like her lips are blue - they were - thanks to some treats that Rachel sent (and she says Thank You Rachel by the way) Her tongue was really blue so Mark had her chanting, "Go BIg BLue!!" Don't think she grasps what that means, but I imagine a few weeks in our house and she's be a wildcat fan too!!
Thanks for checking in on us!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD!!! I hope this note finds you on the plane with Anastasia on the way HOME!!! I know you will be busy when you get back but I want to get your # from W. and call one evening next week.

Celebrating with you,
Kim

Anonymous said...

YES!

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO ! !

I am so happy for all of you. Anastasia, you have got some great brothers and sister waiting for you in Kentucky.

Just tell her Go Big Blue is for the Tennessee Titans! I know she will be a fan.

Reagan

Anonymous said...

Has someone ever told you that A looks like a girl at school in my class?

Allie

Anonymous said...

Gitter home!

Jennifer